Though they’ve been around for over 40 years, dental implants are only recently making news in the industry. But why should you consider dental implants over dentures or bridges? There are more benefits than you may have imagined.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Convenience: Dental implants are always in place and can be treated, for the most part, like other teeth. No adhesives, nightly removal or special cleaning required.
- Easier Eating: If you’ve ever heard someone talk about their adventures in eating with dentures, you know it can be a chore. Enjoy your favorite foods when you use permanent dental implants.
- Comfort: Because they stay in your mouth, you don’t need to worry about plates that don’t fit quite right or crack and pinch your mouth, causing discomfort. Dental implants feel completely natural in your mouth.
- Appearance: Dental implants fit right in with your own teeth, becoming a permanent part of your jaw structure. This looks better and builds self-esteem over using dentures.
- Superior Dental Health: When you get a bridge, nearby teeth are reduced to anchor it. Implants are anchored to the jaw structure and provide better options for oral hygiene and health.
- Better Speech: Slipping, sliding dentures force you to mumble or slur your speech, which can also reduce your self-confidence. Implants work just like your natural teeth, making speech effortless again.
- Retained Bone Density: When teeth are pulled for dentures, your jaw stops supporting that structure, causing bone loss. Dental implants act like teeth, retaining that bone density and jaw structure.
- Long-Term Durability: Unlike dentures, that may require routine replacement, dental implants are built to last. They become a permanent part of your mouth for your lifetime, provided that they’re cared for.
If you hadn’t considered all of these advantages, you’re not alone. But now that you know, wouldn’t you rather go with an option that provides so many excellent long-term benefits to your lifestyle? Mason Dental Center is committed to helping you find the right solutions to your dental needs. Please contact us today for a consultation on beautiful, convenient, comfortable dental implants.